2022 AAAA BoD Nominations

Forums Club Stuff Elections 2022 AAAA BoD Nominations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

We are now accepting nominations for officer and board member positions for 2022.

Due to the new By-Laws changes things are a bit different this year. The following positions are available for qualified candidates:

Vice-President
    Treasurer
    3 At-Large board member positions

Positions will be assumed as of January 1st 2022.

Please visit our elections subforum to view information on nominees or to make a nomination, or email nominations@atlfishclub.com with the nominees name and the position sought and we will include them in the November election. Individual threads for each position will follow shortly.

You may nominate yourself or any other member, but the nominee must accept the nomination before being added to the ballot.

Election ballot/process information will follow next month once we have our full list of nominees! The new board will be announced in late November.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

David Mercer
    Admin

Current Accepted Nominations

Vice-President:

Pat Riggins

Treasurer:

Board Member positions(3):

Paul VanBrug

David Mercer

David Mercer
    Admin

Descriptions of positions per the by-laws:

Section 3: The duties of the Vice-President shall be:

a: To assist the President;
    b: To conduct the meetings in the absence of the President;
    c: To assume the office of the President for the remainder of the term in the case of the resignation of the
    President;
    d: To be the Program Chairman.

Section 5: The duties of the Treasurer shall be:

a: To receive and keep the funds of the Association on the XXX bank and pay out same only according to the
    laws of this Association;
    b: To make a monthly report of all receipts and disbursements;
    c: Disbursements of $500.00 or less between meetings require verbal or electronic approval of the President
    and the Treasurer;
    d: Disbursements over $500.00 require prior BOD approval;
    e: The Treasurer must verify that money exists in the Association’s bank account and in the specific budget line
    item before disbursement of Association funds.
    f: All checks must be signed by two authorized signees who are members of the BOD. The bookkeeper shall
    not be permitted to sign any checks for the association.
    g: Each year, the BOD will approve a budget prepared by the Treasurer which will be effective on April 1st of
    the current year through the following March 31st of the next year. Once approved, the budget will be
    published in the newsletter.

Section 6: The duties of the members at-large shall be:

a: To serve as committee chairperson of a standing committee at the President’s request.
    b: To keep fully informed of the association activities and methods of operation at all times.
    c: To represent the interests of the membership at BoD meetings

David Mercer

PAUL VANBRUG

Hello AAAA members,

It’s been an honor serving as your Vice President this last year, 2021. Life has thrown me some challenges lately, therefore I can’t guarantee to have the time necessary to fulfill that role in the next term.

That said I would like to nominate Pat Riggins to replace me as Vice President. The first time I remember meeting Pat, was at one of the swap meets were she introduced herself and promptly asked “How can I help”. Pat has been a member of the club for 1.5 years, and has been in the hobby for over 40 years. Plus she has had a long professional carrier with Georgia Pacific, which will help with club business.

I nominate Pat Riggins for the Vice President position.

I would like to nominate myself for one of the Member At-Large positions

William Beard
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I would like to second for pat as VP and for Paul as one of the at large positions.</p>

Pat Riggins
    Participant

Thanks Paul! I will gladly accept the nomination. I would be happy to serve as Vice President.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.