AAAA 2021 BoD Nominations

Forums Club Stuff Elections AAAA 2021 BoD Nominations

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

We are accepting nominations for the 6 general Board of Directors positions for 2021.

This positions will be assumed as of December 6th 2020. Please comment below to make a nomination, or email nominations@atlfishclub.com with the nominees name and the position sought and we will include them in the November election. You may nominate yourself or any other member, but the nominee must accept the nomination before being added to the ballot. An online election will be held from November 14th-22nd. Members will be emailed a link to the ballot at their registered email address. The new board will be announced Monday, November 23rd.

BoD Candidates, Please feel free to post below letting everyone know more about you and what you would like to see the club doing in the upcoming year.

Currently accepted nominations for BoD:

Mitchell Broome
    Jackie DeHart
    Beth Hall
    Ron Kempner
    Tom Koranda
    David Mercer
    Stewart Pence
    Ryan Young

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Ryan Young

I nominate myself, Ryan Young for BOD.

I have been an active member of the club since I found it in February 2017. I filled a vacant board seat in August 2018, and then took over the Horticulturists Award Program that same winter.

AAAA Board of Directors
    HAP Chairman

Beth Hall
    Participant

I would like to volunteer for a position on the board and possible another spot.  I’ll need to know what dates the meetings are next year before I can.

I am gone 1 weekend a month and this last year it prevented me from being able to come to almost all the meetings (if we had them).  Will we meet at the same place, time, and day as this year?  Thanks – Beth Hall

770 833 3320

bhalatl@gmail.com

PAUL VANBRUG

Beth, for a list of all the different positions in the club, go to the top and look for Leadership team, under the about us section.

or look in the By-Laws, for descriptions of all the positions.

As far as dates, that is to be determined by the new Leadership Team, after the elections next month.

Mitchell Broome
    Participant

I would like to nominate myself, Mitchell Broome for one of the nonleadership BOD positions.

For those who might not know me, I’m a combo fish/technology geek. I’ve been in the club for a few years now. I tend to bring some of the less common things to the auctions. Things like wild type betta, killifish, apistos, corys and the like.

I’m super interested in everything around breeding fish. I enjoy doing enough research that I can correctly setup an environment for a not so common species to breed. I also like to present interesting facts about species that people might not even know exist because they are just not generally available in the area.  I’m slowly making a push to get more people into killifish and wild type bettas…

Last time I counted the number of tanks I have, I stopped somewhere around 130…  Enter technology!  I have not had to do manual water changes on a tank for 4+ years. Well, there are few cases where I currently do big manual changes to trigger breeding, but I actually have a plan to automate that as well.

Oh, and if anyone is curious.  By day, I work in IT as an Cloud Infrastructure Architect for an Atlanta based health care company.  Previously, I did a similar role at The Weather Channel in the early 2000s.  Before that, I ran the technology side of a local ISP.  Basically, I have been building underlying parts of the internet since around 1998 or so.

Thanks,

Mitchell Broome

Jill Bridges

I nominate our current members that haven’t said no already, lol.

Proud Fish Nerd.
    Ask me about the CARES Program!

JackiD
    Participant

I will volunteer for a position on the BOD. 

Buck Meyer
    Participant

I nominate Larry Bugg for a non-leadership position on the BOD.

Buck Meyer
    Participant

I second the nomination of Mitchell for the BOD.

Ron Kempner

I’ll continue on the BOD if I’m voted in and continue to administer the Breeder Award Program.

David Mercer
    Admin

Nominations are now closed. Ballot will be emailed to all members shortly.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Steven L Burton
    Participant

Both links in the email, including the ballot are no good

Liz VanBrug

I haven’t received an email in order to cast my ballot.

Thanks, Liz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘AAAA 2021 BoD Nominations’ is closed to new replies.