AAAA 2021 BoD Special Elections Nominations

Forums Club Stuff Elections AAAA 2021 BoD Special Elections Nominations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

It is with great sadness that we must announce an opening on our board. You may nominate anyone you wish for the open position, however, they must accept the nomination in order to be included on the ballot. Please consider running to help the club we all love so much.

Nominations will take place in this thread, so post your nominations! Please also take a moment to introduce yourself if you’re running!

Please submit all nominations by no later than 11:59pm Friday, April 2, 2021

Since we are not meeting, the election will take place virtually. We will email a link to your email address on file for voting purposes. Elections will be open from April 17th- 24th. Results will be posted on the forum and social media April 25. This new board member will assume their role in May

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Buck Meyer
    Participant

Nominating Larry Bugg. Larry has been a board member in the past, and is a highly respected breeder not only in our local area but nationally. His favorites are rams, angels and discus. Larry has been an active participant in AAAA events, and I have worked side by side with him at many of the club auctions, processing the bids and answering questions. Many members will recognize him from the presentations he has done at the club’s monthly meetings. One of his notable characteristics is his willingness to help others in the hobby, freely sharing his wealth of knowledge. He is dedicated to the hobby, and doesn’t just have a fish room, but has a separate building for breeding fish. He will be an asset to the AAAA BOD.

Mitchell Broome
    Participant

Nominating Larry Bugg. Larry has been a board member in the past, and is a highly respected breeder not only in our local area but nationally. His favorites are rams, angels and discus. Larry has been an active participant in AAAA events, and I have worked side by side with him at many of the club auctions, processing the bids and answering questions. Many members will recognize him from the presentations he has done at the club’s monthly meetings. One of his notable characteristics is his willingness to help others in the hobby, freely sharing his wealth of knowledge. He is dedicated to the hobby, and doesn’t just have a fish room, but has a separate building for breeding fish. He will be an asset to the AAAA BOD.

I second the nomination of Larry Bugg.

Larry Bugg
    Participant

Thank you, I accept the nomination. So a little about myself. I’m 67, married with kids and grandkids. I’ve been keeping fish since I was 10 years old. I joined AAAA in 2008 and in 2009 I was elected to the BOD. Not sure the exact year but around 2016 I stepped down from the BOD to open up a space from some younger members to become involved. I did continue to attend BOD meetings during much of time since I stopped being a BOD member. I have been very involved with the club since joining and have missed very few meetings over the last 13 years. Along with being on the AAAA BOD, I have been a BOD member of the North American Discus Association since 2010 and have served as President and currently Vice President. As Buck mentioned, my primary passion is breeding Discus, Angels and Rams. One of my greatest joys is sharing my passion and knowledge with others so our hobby continues to grow. I appreciate your consideration of voting for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.