AAAA 2022 Bookkeeper Special Election Nominations

Forums Club Stuff Elections AAAA 2022 Bookkeeper Special Election Nominations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

We are accepting nominations for the special election to finish out the current Bookkeeper position term for 2022.

This position will be assumed as of the close of the ballot and serve through the end of 2022. Please comment below to make a nomination, or email nominations@atlfishclub.com with the nominees name and the position sought and we will include them in the special election. You may nominate yourself or any other member, but the nominee must accept the nomination before being added to the ballot.

Bookkeeper Candidates, Please feel free to post below letting everyone know more about you and what you would like to see the club doing in the upcoming year.

Section 5: The duties of the Bookkeeper shall be:
    A) Works closely with the Treasurer to record all financial transactions and prepare financial statements.
    B) Keeps full and accurate accounts of all receipts and disbursements.
    C) Shall at all times keep a record and know the whereabouts of the association’s assets.

Currently accepted nominations for Bookkeeper:
    Christy Walsh Lyons
    Buck Meyer

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

PAUL VANBRUG

I nominate Buck Meyer for Bookkeeper. I have had a few conversations with Buck about the position, and I believe that he is the man for the job. Like many of us, Buck had issues with virtual meetings. However he has insured me that with the prospect of going back to in person meetings, this year would be different. All that said, I believe it is important to keep a few long time members on the BOD, and Buck has had experience in this roll.

Buck Meyer
    Participant

Thank you Paul. I accept the nomination.

The past 2 years have been interesting, to say the least. One of the results of the pandemic was the cancellation and subsequent rescheduling of many events, including AAAA events. Sadly, my commitments to some of these coincided with AAAA board meetings, causing me to miss several and put me in the “miss 3 and you’re out” zone. Of course there will be conflicts in the future, but the rescheduling that occurred in 2021 which pushed so many events into September, October, November and December is not likely to occur again. We hope.

Brian Revennaugh was president at the time I first joined the Board. I think it was 2014, but it may have been earlier than that. There have been a few different presidents and treasurers during my time on the Board, and I continued as Bookkeeper throughout. The club has undergone a transformation over the past few years, with social media playing an increasing role in our interactions. What is constant, is club members’ devotion to the hobby and desire to interact with others who have the same interest. Club activities such as the monthly meetings (with the monthly meeting auction), swap meets and the spring and fall auctions bring us together. I have been consistently active in all of these (including the “unofficial” swap meets which were hosted by several members), despite living 2 hours from Atlanta, and usually fulfill some role in organizing and running them. While the bookkeeper isn’t specifically tasked with being part of these, it is useful to have the insight and share what is necessary for the treasurer to most easily keep the club’s accounting in order.

While many of the older members have been taking a less active role in steering the club or even retiring from the hobby, I plan on continuing to be a contributor, hopefully with your support as a board member in 2022. Thank you.

Heather Moulton-Meissner
    Participant

Hey Buck,

I will happily assist with the math at the club meetings if I haven’t had to run away with a screaming kid before the end of the auction.  😉  Federal Law ad the Hatch Act expressly forbid me from managing money in clubs, but I can do math ALLLLLLLLLLL day long.  Hit me up if things get frantic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘AAAA 2022 Bookkeeper Special Election Nominations’ is closed to new replies.