AAAA Question of the Week – 1

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat AAAA Question of the Week – 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the very first in what will hopefully be a year long series, and maybe even more. The AAAA question of the week!
    Every week I will post a new question to help us all get to know each other better as well as hopefully introduce us to some new ideas.

Each week a new thread will be added with that weeks question. I will include a link to the previous week’s question and go back to the previous week’s post to add a link to the successive week’s question so it is easy to flip through and answer any you missed.

Even if a question is from weeks ago go ahead and add your thought to that thread so we build a nice archive of great information. Also if you have a suggestion for a post go ahead and PM it to me. I have a list of 50ish ready to go but if this takes off or if I’m just stubborn I’ll keep it going and I’ll need more ideas. Plus if yours is better than one of mine I’ll bump it higher in the list.

So without further ado, the AAAA Question of the Week – Week 1:

What is your Fishy resolution for the year?

It’s that time of year again, time to come up with a resolution most of us will forget about in a month. Those of you that actually keep up and succeed during the year, more power to you. But we aren’t interested in boring resolutions about getting healthy or causing world peace! We want to know about the fish! So big or small lets all see those fishy resolutions for the year.

Next Week

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

David Mercer
    Admin

My fishy resolution for the year is to at least start the process of setting up a fish room (or closet 😉 ) As part of that I want to get a breeding set up going again and seriously get going on BAP. I’ve been doing a good bit of research and definitely will approach it all differently than before.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Renee Wright
    Participant

1. To learn more about angelfish genetics and breeding.
    2. To continue my study of diseases in discus, which will mean buying a good microscope.
    3. To continue my love affair with flowerhorns.

Misty Carol
    Participant

I just want to keep my tanks running smoothly and looking lovely, and get to know my fish and plants better. I’m terrible with what things are called.

William Beard
    Participant

I want to get my plans for breeding different fish up and going. By the end of the year would like to have young from one livebearer, one cichlid, one type of catfish, and maybe other fish that decide to cooperate. Ultimate long term goal beyond this year is to go for master breeder status in the BAPs program.

Auggie
    Participant

To set up two more 40 breeders. Experiment with one with live plants with some type of schooling fish and the other I’m open with any suggestions. Also want to add other tankmates for my 125 which includes an oscar, a severum, and a green terror. Always had malawi haps and peacocks now moving towards central and south American cichlids.

Brie Mercer
    Participant

Finally build our fish room. just so y’all know what a good wife I am, I’m surrendering our master closet for this cause. 😉

Brianna Mercer

Trinny Freeman
    Participant

Continue to scale back so I am spending more time enjoying my fish and tanks and not just maintenance and water changes.

PAUL VANBRUG

Defiantly to get started on my new fish room in the garage. I have a temporary fish room in the spare bedroom in the basement. However the new one will be as automated as possible. AUTO WATER CHANGES !!! and more.

Heather Moulton-Meissner
    Participant

Reorganize the currently shut down fish room so it is easier to keep up with.  I have identified several improvements that will make me and the future fish happier.

Lower priority is to get started with IBC containers for aquaponics — might do that in the spring — at the moment, I am still in the research phase.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.