AAAA Question of the Week – 11

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat AAAA Question of the Week – 11

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hey AAAA!

As always thanks to everyone that answered last weeks question and the biggest thanks to everyone that has gone back and answered all the previous weeks. It’s great to see what different things club members are doing in their fish rooms. This week we are back to just some random fun topics.

Week 11’s Question:

What is the fish that gave you way more trouble then it should have to breed?

Not looking for that super hard to breed fish that you also have trouble breeding. No, we want to hear about the super simple fish that just wouldn’t breed for you. Did you even figure it out? What crazy lengths did you have to go to to make it happen?

Previous Week Next Week

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Ken Seiders
    Participant

The hardest fish for me (and I could never understand why)  was guppies.  Everyone says they are the easiest fish to breed, and all you have to do is have water and guppies in the same house and the guppies will breed.  I could just never get them to breed for me. When I was 9 a friend of mine had a tankful of guppies, and she would give me several guppies (on several occasions) but they would eventually fade away. Luckily I knew where to get more.

All this while I was breeding zebra danios, dwarf gouramies, and a host of other fish.  I did eventually get them to breed enough for my award points. Never did figure out why they won’t breed for me.

Lynn Sweeney
    Participant

Ricefish, so far. Still very new to breeding though.

PAUL VANBRUG

Platys, I have only been able to breed them outside in a tub. I have tried several times in a tank with no luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.