Next Meeting June 20th

AAAA Question of the Week – 18

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat AAAA Question of the Week – 18

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hey AAAA!
    As always, thanks to everyone that answered last weeks question and the biggest thanks to everyone that has gone back and answered all the previous weeks. Falling behind again so we may rapid fire a few to catch back up!

Week 18’s Question:

Have you ever explored aquaponics?

Small or large scale it all counts! We will even go with using fish water to water plants in a totally different location.

Previous Week Next Week

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Julia Jeorge
    Participant

Hi there. I use pothos in my 90 gal tank to help with algae , tried sweet potato vine for the same reason but the vine didn’t do well. I have a light on the tank and also have suspended a 54 watt 5 tho so the pothos gets enough light. I did have maidenhair ferns with wicks dipping their wicks in the glorious fish tank , they did beautifully, but got to big to sit on the glass top of the tank. I  just got a 5 gallon as a  bedside tank that I have planted and will eventually put a Betta in and am doing an arrowhead plant as aquaponic plant , it is doing fine. That plant gets filtered sun from an east window near it. And yes, I use tank water to water my house plants, even use the water from purging the fx6 filter to water a preferred  (lucky) garden plant. Fish and plants go hand in hand! Why waste good fishy water , LOL!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.