AAAA Question of the Week – 4

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat AAAA Question of the Week – 4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hey AAAA!

We are continuing our series this week, albeit a bit late. Thanks to everyone that answered last weeks question and a huge thanks to everyone that has gone back and answered previous weeks. It is awesome to see what everyones interests are. So on that note lets get on with the show!

Week 4’s Question:

What got you into fish keeping?

Such a basic question with so much potential. It could be originally or if you got out for a while what brought you back in?

Previous Week Next Week

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Lynn Sweeney
    Participant

For me, it all started back in high school (1986)! with a red cap oranda. It along with three other goldfish traveled from Waycross to UGA and back down to Valdosta with me throughout college. Fancy goldfish are like water puppies. They’re adorable.

G
    Participant

My dad bought me a 10 gallon starter kit from Tetra back in 1990. One of my first fist was an angelfish and they are still my favorite to this day. 🙂

Trinny Freeman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I got a job at aquamart in Houston, Tx when I was 17.  Before I knew it, I had 4-5 tanks in my bedroom.

I took a hiatus for a while to raise a family.  I am 51 so been at it for a few years.</p>

JackiD
    Participant

I had a 20 gallon in my bedroom full of guppies while I was in high school, but I broke it down and gave the fish away when I left for college. In college I was project wild and project aquatic wild certified, so I always had glass boxes for temporary housing of frogs, lizards, snakes, etc, but no fish. Fast forward 15 years and my daughter keep asking for a betta, so she got a betta and I got another tank for some guppies..20 tanks later..

Misty Carol
    Participant

Always had tanks growing up, just feels like I’m supposed to 🙂

Beth Hall
    Participant

My Mom had a friend that had too many guppies.  Mom set up a tank for her extra guppies and I loved it.  That was before I was 10.  Not telling how old I am now.  Setup my own first tank in high school and spent all my babysitting money on it.  And it continues today

Heather Moulton-Meissner
    Participant

I think I got started because I was so amazed at a store in my small hometown selling pets other than cats and dogs! :O

PAUL VANBRUG

After visiting family, and watching their two 10 gallon aquariums I decided that I wanted one of my own. After pestering my parents for about a year, they got me a 29 gallon for my tenth birthday. It didn’t take long for MTS to set in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.