Swap Meet March 7th

AAAA Question of the Week – 6

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat AAAA Question of the Week – 6

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hey AAAA!

Thanks to everyone that answered last weeks question and a huge thanks to everyone that has gone back and answered previous weeks. Its always fun to explore the beauty in our own back yard. This week lets start collecting some good recommendations that we can point people to in the future.

Week 6’s Question:

What is your favorite/most used fish food?

Going more practical this week. You can answer broadly or if you have different foods you prefer for different fish let us know that as well. Let us know where you get it so we can take a look and try it too.

Previous Week Next Week

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

David Mercer
    Admin

We use Kens Fish food, not sure its the best but it is a great price and it seems to work. Often we tend to just go with whatever we have on hand rather than sticking with a brand.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Auggie
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I use northfin cichlid and bug pro as there staple. Tetra freeze dried jumbo shrimp couple times a week. Frozen blood worms once a week and for the little guys I harvest baby brine shrimp.</p>

Jeremy Caswell
    Participant

OmegaOne 1mm sinking cichlid pellets.  Everyone gets them.

Everything else just gets added to that base.

G
    Participant

I use all different kinds, I use Hikari freeze dried daphnia & brine shrimp as well as their micro pellets and micro wafers, Omega One tubifex worms & shrimp pellets, and Tetra color flakes.

Beth Hall
    Participant

I really haven’t settled on one type.  I used to use Tetramen – I could get it in a really large size from Fosters.  Fosters is gone now.   My fish love Wardley’s shrimp pellets – they are cheep and probably not the best, but I have used it for years.  Right now I’m feeding a mix of Omega One Flakes, New Life Spectrum (2 sizes) and Cobalt pellets.   Also organic salt free French Style Green Beans.  Occasionally frozen blood worms and brine shrimp.  Mircoworms for fry.  Any recommendations for better food in larger quantities would be appreciated.

Robert Harden
    Participant

For cichlids I use Omega 1 a little more expensive but personally worth it. For the koi outside I switch between Helix/The Ponddigger Brand and Blackwater creek Gold-N. High in protein basically no fillers both have been great.

PAUL VANBRUG
    Participant

Variety is the spice of life, right? I use a variety of foods for all my fish. Ken’s Fish Food is used a lot, Guppy flakes, and a few different pellets. Hikari Cichlid pellets, several typs, and Algae wafers. Bug Bites!! All my fish love Bug Bites, And they are cheap if you order them from Kensfish.com currently I have 3 different granules, and Pleco Formula. And of course, I still use Tetra Flakes. Probably a few other varieties of food I can’t think of.

I think Bug Bites are my favorite, because I believe it’s the fishes favorite.

PAUL VANBRUG
    Participant

Check out kensfish.com it’s where I get all of my food. I also used to get most of my stuff from Dr Fosters, I was lost when they were shut down. I bought a bag of Ken’s Guppy flakes at an auction, liked it, so I checked them out. Been there ever since.

Julia Jeorge
    Participant

my favorite fish food? Well I feed a variety to my fish, angels, candy cane tetras, corys, pleco, platys all in a 90 gallon tank. Kens sinking wafers, Tetra color granuals, Hikari daphnia, Tetramin  flake, Aqueon Shrimp Pellets BUT Repashy Soilent Green wins over here. All my fish hang around the little dish at the bottom of the tank that I put it in, absolutely NONE is ever left. If I dont put in they swim around their dish like Indians circling a wagon train, LOL I did try Repashy Bottom Feeder for the clown pleco but alas, it wasnt a winner.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.