Next Meeting February 1st

Best fish room shelves

Forums Fish Talk General Best fish room shelves

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

In trying to come up with posts for every day I have ramped back up my fish passion and think I might try to start tackling the fish room idea again. So with that said, what are the best shelves Y’all have found for a fish room? In my particular case I will be using mostly 5 and 10 gallon tanks so the shelves need to maximize for those. I’ll probably end up with 1 or 2 larger tanks for the bigger species but I figure I can either find a solo stand for those or just accommodate them in whatever my primary stand is. I want to make it as affordable as possible but also don’t want to have to worry about them lasting or getting a little wet and clearly they need to handle being fully packed with aquariums.

I was looking at these which seem nice since it could be one tall rack or 2 shorter ones. That opens up a few more options and possibly makes things expandable later on.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Garrett Stoykewich
    Participant

Honestly, the garage utility shelves work great imo. Link
    This one has a 1500lb capacity PER shelf
    1 gallon of FRESH Water = 8.34 pounds
    They come in different sizes. I would recommend getting plywood at the minimum over the wire racks to distribute weight. Some come with plywood already. Painting and priming the wood will have it last longer.
    I swear the one I bought had a 2500lb capacity, might be wrong.

The cheaper method is going wood construction if you have the skills and time.

The one you posted is exactly what I was talking about, BUT I don’t see a weight limit. I found that price of a $60 range has a much lower weight limit than the $100+ range. I would sleep well at night kmowing my shelf was at half capacity.

The ones that are welded and just lock into place are better than any bolt together.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.