Blue / Platinum Marble Angelfish pond experience

Forums Fish Talk Ponds/Outdoors Blue / Platinum Marble Angelfish pond experience

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Indelicato
    Participant

Just on a whim, took a mated pair of Blue/Platinum Marble Veiled Angelfish and put them in a 35 gallon black tub/pond, one you would find at either Home Depot or Lowe’s, in my backyard. As a shout to Larry Bugg, purchased the pair for him. I have a weighted window screen covering it and give the pair about a 5o% water change daily. Just stick a garden hose in it and let gravity do the rest. Planted some tomato and pepper plants where the water comes out. Checked it today and they laid eggs. Of course, as angelfish are known to do, they did not utilize the slate I put in there, they laid the eggs on the side of the tub. So much for day 1, even though they have been outside for about 2 weeks already. Hoping they will raise their babies in the tub / pond. Will keep you all updated on the progress.

aqualife
    Participant

Very interesting. Please give us some updates. Appreciate if you can post some pics on the setup.

how are you planning for cold days? Bringing them back inside or manage with heater ? Thanks.

Richard Indelicato
    Participant

Just outside until sometime in September – back inside after that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.