Canister Filter Recommendation (75 Gallon)

Forums Fish Talk General Canister Filter Recommendation (75 Gallon)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rodney
    Participant

I’m looking at possibly ditching the HOB filters on my 75 to go with a canister filter. Any recommendations on a brand/size to get? I’d prefer something on the quieter side, but really it doesn’t have to be dead silent.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan Young

Fluval 407 and FX4 will work nice.

AAAA Board of Directors
    HAP Chairman

Jeremy Caswell
    Participant

I put a sunsun 504b on mine, but it is loaches and white clouds… you couldn’t put guppies or gourami in there.

Rodney
    Participant

thanks, i’ll look into these.

Alex
    Participant

Just to give more options, those that I have are the fluval Fx4, Fx6,fluval 306, 406( the newest are the 0’7 series), and many of the Eheim’s 350+, and all of which work great for my (dad’s) variety of tanks, from 40 to 75 gallons and depending on bioload, I may use many of them on one tank.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Rodney
    Participant

Thanks again for all the recommendations. Caught the FX4 on sale and installed it tonight. Love it already

Alex
    Participant

That’s great that you were able to get it on sale, I can normally only get fx4 or fx6 on sale at pet smart on Black Friday.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

WilliamBowman
    Participant

I just recently got aΒ Fluval Underwater Filter and it is only a low hum that pretty much disappears when the TV is on.

WilliamBowman
    Participant

I found a website specializing in the fish tank. Maybe it will help you. Please check here

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.