Cichlids & Bichir for sale

Forums Trading Post For Sale Aquarium Items – Local Cichlids & Bichir for sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dwayne
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to change up my fish room.  I’m finally taking the first step, which is listing these guys for sale:

• 1 large pair wild-caught mesoheros festae.  Male is 10-11,” female is maybe 6-7 inches.  Gorgeous colors.  Raised them from babies, now they’re breeding non-stop and terrorizing everyone else in the 300-gal. $60 for the pair.
    • 1 ornatipinnis bichir, about 10″.  Perfect specimen.  Greedy, but not  aggressive. $50.
    • 4 festae cichlids, approx. 5-6″.  All healthy, but 3 are getting bullied by mom & dad.  $10 each.
    • small breeding pair of festae – 2-3″.  F2 specimens, hatched & raised in my tanks. $30 for the pair.
    • 6-7 small festae.  F2 specimens hatched & raised in my tanks.  $8 each.
    • 20-30 ancistrus bristlenose catfish – hatched in my tanks.  $5 each.
    • Breeding pair managuense.  Male about 7-8 inches, female about 6 inches.  They breed continuously.   $30 for the pair.
    • 1 large gibbiceps pleco (about 10 inches):  $15.
    • 2 kelberi peacocks, large, about 10-11 inches each.  $30 each.
    • 1 Marbled goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata) about 7 inches.  $15.

With exception of the Goby, all of these fish, including the Peacocks & bichir, are pellet trained.  The bigger ones love Hikari Massivore and floating sticks. The Goby eats worms, crayfish, frozen fish or shrimp, etc.

They are all in great health, in large tanks with strong filtration.  I can provide photos / video on request.  Several of the fish are pictured on my IG account, theaquarist1.

I live in Douglas County.  If anyone is interested in these guys, I can make arrangements to meet you or have you come by the house – particularly with the Peacocks.  I’m no expert in netting and transporting fish this size.

–Dwayne

Roberto Morales
    Participant

Hey there I’m interested in some of the

festae.

Dwayne
    Participant

Excellent!  Just let me know which/how many.

To keep them straight in my head, I group them this way:

1.  The big pair (as a unit);

2. The little pair (as  unit);

3. The larger unpaired specimens (individually);

4. the small unpaired specimens (individually). 

I live in Douglasville, but I’m glad to meet you somewhere.

–Dwayne

Roberto Morales
    Participant

Sent you a P.M

Tim Spry
    Participant

Dwayne

Do you have a pic of the bichir ?  interested !

Thanks

Tim Spry

Dwayne
    Participant

Tim, I don’t have a recent pic, but I’ll take some and send this evening!

–Dwayne

Dwayne
    Participant

Here you go, Tim – just took these pictures this evening, plus one low-quality iPhone video clip of her eating a Hikari Massivore tablet.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-4jh7Dc

I have no idea if the fish is male or female – I just think it as a “she.” .

There’s one random shot of the Marbled Goby, as well as the exiled red terror that for some reason really provoked the ire of the large pair.

–Dwayne

Derrick R Harris
    Participant

I’ll take the peacock bass if they’re available.

Jayo
    Participant

Are you open to trades? I’d be interested in the Festae pair or managuense pair for sure. I have 2 large Trimacs I just posted that may work well in your 300.

Dwayne
    Participant

Hi Jayo – thanks for the offer, but I’m not looking for Trimacs right now.

I haven’t decided what to do next, but I’m playing with the idea of putting small fish in there.  Lifalili Jewels, maybe, or Pikes.

I get restless, and having tried giant fish that push the limits of a big tank, I’m curious about trying smaller fish where I could observe more natural behaviors.

And, whatever I get, I like raising them from babies.  it’s part of the fun, and they seem to get along better that way.

Thanks,

Dwayyne

Tim Spry
    Participant

Dwayne

I definitely want your bichir. If you can pm me your ph # we can make arrangements.  If you want to call me my home ph# s 706-865-1826 but please talk to the answer machine because I don’t answer numbers I don’t know.

Thanks

Tim Spry

Dwayne
    Participant

Update:  The red terrors have all been purchased.

The rest are still available, although I’m expecting someone to pick up the Peacocks by this evening.

Dwayne
    Participant

Sunday evening update:  All Festae sold; bichir sold; Peacocks & Goby expected to go tomorrow afternoon.

Remaining from my original list:

• 20-30 ancistrus bristlenose catfish – hatched in my tanks.  $5 each.
    • Breeding pair managuense.  Male about 7-8 inches, female about 6 inches.  They breed continuously.   $30 for the pair.
    • 1 large gibbiceps pleco (about 10 inches):  $15.

Jayo
    Participant

Right on Brother, understood. Just thought I’d ask. I’d still be interested in the Managuense pair once I remove the trimac, I’ll let you know.

Dwayne
    Participant

FYI:  I need to  update the size of the Peacocks.  Derrick came by today and noted that the Peacocks are bigger than I listed them.  Probably closer to 12-13 inches.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.