Clearing out 7 adult orange koi angels

Forums Trading Post For Sale Aquarium Items – Local Clearing out 7 adult orange koi angels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell Broome
    Participant

Time to clear out the last round of adults from the 3rd gen of my orange koi angel line. There are 7 adults. This generation throws a combination of orange with some red as well as some high/full coverage offspring.

I know there is at least one pair in the mix that has spawned a few times but I have not had time to pull them so they are going to be mixed in together. I would love to just have someone take the entire group but I can separate them if need be. I just can’t guarantee I’m going to be able to keep the known pair together.

If someone wants the entire group together, I can do $75. Otherwise, it will be $15 per fish. I can bring them to the meeting on the 20th.

koi1
    koi2
    koi3

Alex
    Participant

In the third image the angelfish over to the left looks like she might have a tube, if that is true it would mean that she is a female and may be ready to spawn soon. I am hardly the expert but with cichlids most of the time the females would have a tube before and during the egg laying process.
    i hope that clears up which one is the female that has been laying eggs.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Mitchell Broome
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I’m not confused on what ones are females vs males. I was more concerned about the pairings. There were (the group has moved on to someone else now) at least two females and I had not kept up with which males they were paired with. Too many other dedicated pairs to keep up with.

At one point, there was what I believe to be a trio and a pair going at it at the same time on the same tile. One group would lay a line of eggs, the other would eat the eggs, then lay their own line. Then the first group would eat those and trade back and forth.

angels

Alex
    Participant

I see what you are saying, but i was trying to figure male from female, i was trying to figure out the female that possibly bred with the unknown male. If the female that was breeding before was one of a few of them that got stimulated before to breed, then it may be the female that was paired up with the unknown male. Good to know that you sold them as a group for them to breed for someone else, but i just tried to help find the pair. Maybe the new owner would be able to tell?

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.