Club events postponed?

Forums Club Stuff Events Club events postponed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Any kids who are in the club might not want to be reading this, as it may frighten them. But it is not that scary for ADULTS*

*not anyone under 15**

** even as I am younger than that, i do want to make it clear that i made this thread — Alex

Due to the recent events around the world, I want to know if AAAA might be put-off for the sake of not spreading any virus ( cough cough *Β  Coronavirus)? I do know that many school districts in Georgia have already been closed and are now using the internet to count as school. At my school things became serious as it was made closed starting monday and that all field trips are to be refunded if possible. Don’t worry, as far as i know, there isn’t anyone who had the virus at my school, but this did bring to my attention that AAAA may be postponed momentarily.

I know that this seems random, but I want to bring this to the attention of the board as to help do what is best for society. I don’t want to have AAAA be canceled as much as the next member, but is this something to worry about?

And yes, i am only a thirteen year-old.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Brie Mercer
    Participant

I see a future Board Member in the making here Alex! You are absolutely correct that this is on our radar. My kids are out of school β€œuntil further notice” as I’m sure you are as well. Responding to the Coronavirus was actually an agenda item at our board meeting before the swap meet.

I’m in communication with a CDC doctor, the venue, and staying up to date on the very latest information. Whatever decision is made will be voted on by all 11 members of our board of directors.

I don’t want to guess as to the decision that we will make, I can only promise that the safety of all our members is of the most importance to us and that we will use the most up to date information when we make that choice together. I plan on updating the club in the week ahead.

All the best!

Brianna Mercer

Alex
    Participant

I see a future Board Member in the making here Alex!

According to the by-laws, i have at least four to five more years.

I am glad to see that the virus is being recognized by the board, and despite the severity of it (one way to put it is that: over 5kΒ  people are PERMANENTLY sleeping πŸ™ ), I am still glad that the state of Georgia has been given the ability to deploy all of it’s resources to help stop and contain the virus from spreading further.

Sunday, march 15th, is now the official prayer day for the people who have suffered from the virus ( I don’t know whether it is only for the length of the pandemic or not). Let’s just pray for them though.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.