Crayfish

Forums Fish Talk Invertebrates Crayfish

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

I know we have a lot of shrimp people in the club but do we have any cray people? I’m really interested to see if anyone has done any of the non cambarellus/procambarellus genus? Cherax species look really cool to me and I know there are a lot of fancy varieties being developed in Asia. From the minimal research I have done on them it looks like they really need larger tanks to breed as they get rather large and are territorial.

So I’d love you hear about any luck people have had with crays.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Jae Ren Yee
    Participant

I’ve honestly had terrible luck with crays. I caught 2 on a fishing trip, and they ate crushed (pond) snails that I fed them. They died though (In about 2 or 3 weeks), so I think i will stick with shrimp, at least for now.

🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐
    By: Jae Ren Yee|🐟🐟🐟| 🐠 🐠 🐠|🦀|🐋|🦈|🦞|🦑|🐳🐳
    🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡
    Now this is what I call modern art!
    My aquatic YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfeAXOlBGbBauZIzWFA2WZQ
    Please subscribe!!

Brittany Majka
    Participant

I actually have some procambarus clarkii babies available. They range in length from .75-1.5 inches.  I honestly didn’t do anything specific I just got lucky.42DA456B-6F2E-4321-9546-F8D23E6D85FF

David Mercer
    Admin

I actually have some procambarus clarkii babies available. They range in length from .75-1.5 inches. I honestly didn’t do anything specific I just got lucky.

What size tank do you have the parents in?

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Brittany Majka
    Participant

40 gallon breeder tank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.