Fish Bags

Forums Fish Talk General Fish Bags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

So what size bags does everyone go for when bagging fish for auctions or shipping?

Clearly the actual dimensions vary based on types of fish but I’m sure several of y’all have figured out a few standard sizes to go for.

Also and possibly most important what thickness does everyone prefer? 2 mils too thin? is 4 too much? What does everyone think?

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Mitchell Broome
    Participant

The bags I use the most are 6×18 and 8×20 3mil poly. That covers all of the common things I keep up to a single adult angel. I have some small 3×18 2mil bags that I use for things like one per fish in a pair and then stick both of those into another bag or some plants. On the rare occasion, I have some 12″ wide bags but I don’t use them very often. I double bag everything (except for plants) so for the most part, I end up with 6mil of plastic.

I have thought about trying out breather bags for shipping so I can not take up as much room in a box, but I haven’t gotten around to pulling the trigger on that test yet. For local things, I don’t need to save the extra shipping space so standard poly bags are fine.

Cory
    Participant

Where does everyone order their bags from?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.