Holiday Party December 7th

Fish Kill

Forums Fish Talk General Fish Kill

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex November 26, 2019 at 10:40 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chris Erbskorn
    Participant

I used Sicce HyperClear in my planted 210 last night before I left work and this morning every single Cory, Flying Fox and Tetra were dead. The only fish that survived are the four Koi Angle Fish. I followed the directions explicitly, and I have used this product from the same bottle that is still in date on this same tank before with no problems. Temp and waster chemistry all all fine. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this product?

Alex
    Participant

Pumps always should be tested in tap water and kept running for 5-10 minutes, or however many that are recommended in the instructions. This is to remove the oils and grease that help make sure that the product has a long shelf life, along with keeping it from drying up on the inside. The part that probably killed your fish was the excess oil/grease that intoxicated the fish.

In the best interest, remove the pump now and clean it out, while also doing a good water change on the tank to save the koi angels from death. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you, but i hope that many of us can learn form this experience.

I have never had this product before, so i no idea about this product in particular.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.