Getting out of fishkeeping

Forums Trading Post For Sale Aquarium Items – Local Getting out of fishkeeping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Autumn Thorne
    Participant

Where I’m located: Mableton GA.

What I have:

1 25 gallon all-in-one that’s been sitting for close to a year.  It will need thoroughly scrubbed out.  Free.

1 5 gallon Fluval with an In Tank media basket (I need to finish draining it and get the sand out).  $30

1 65 gallon community, currently running.  Livestock: one male German Blue Ram, two kuhli loaches (possibly more than two, not sure), one Golden Eye Acara, two albino tetras of some kind, a couple of white cloud mountain minnows, a polar blue parrot cichlid, and a snow white parrot cichlid.  These two were meant to go into the roomie’s 220 gallon, but they’re still too tiny for that.  I have some plants in there too, some driftwood also.  Using two sponge filters and a Tidal 75 filter (my other filter sprang a leak, so I shut it down).  If you want this one, you have to take everything.  I’ll drain the water, help you catch the fish, help you load up, but you get the entire thing plants, fish and all.  It’s been running for at least 2 years, possibly 3 now.  $125

There is a chance the roomie will be selling his 220 gallon setup.  He’s talking about it.  Right now it’s running freshwater with three bichirs (three different species), two platinum angels, one electric blue jack dempsey, one African leaf fish, and I think two spiny eels.  It has two weirs, a sump, Fluval 2.0 light (the biggest one), and I forget the name of his pump but you can press a button on it to shut it off to feed and it’s rated for a much larger tank.  He also has a pair of Reef Breeder Photon v2 sitting at Reef Shac if you wanted to go salt water.  They’re great lights, he ran them for about 2.5 years before he gave up keeping saltwater.   The lights could go now, he’s not using them.  He wanted to get $600, make an offer.  I’ll go with the best one.  The leaf fish, angels, and Jack Dempsey could be sold now – make an offer.  If it’s reasonable, I’ll take it (the leaf fish and Jack Dempsey are mine, the angels were his).

I can get photos for you, but it won’t be tonight, tomorrow, or even Sunday – my schedule is too full this weekend.  Monday I could.

Eli
    Participant

I’d be interested in the 5 Gallon Fluval. When you get the chance, could you post some pics?

Autumn Thorne
    Participant

Dang I thought it added pictures.  Let me try again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Autumn Thorne
    Participant

Also, here are photos of the 25g that’s empty and needs cleaned out, and my stocked 65g.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eli
    Participant

I’m definitely interested in buying the fluval! Dm me

Autumn Thorne
    Participant

25 gallon and 5 gallon have been sold now.

The community 65g is still available.

The Reef Breeder Photon v2s are still available (they’re at Reef Shac).

The African leaf fish, two platinum angels, and Electric Blue Jack Dempsey are still available.  They are not free – I don’t want to set a price, but I don’t want to be low-balled either.  The leaf fish is the size of my entire hand and will happily eat live fish.  The Jack Dempsey is right there with him (he’s not an aggressive fish at all).  The two angels appear to be male and female, but have not lain eggs that I know of.

He also has a senegal bichir, an ornate bichir (roughly 10″-1′ long, likes live food), and another bichir whose name I forget (he’s easily the same size as the ornate, and also likes live food) in the tank along with two eels (one spiny, one labeled a zig zag but that’s not what it actually is).  The ornate was $50 when we bought him as a baby from Premier, and the other big guy was $75 (also from Premier).  If you want either of them, offers start at $75.  Nothing under that amount will be accepted, I’m sorry. The ornate he raised from a baby, and the other big guy has been in his tank for a good year, probably closer to two years.

He is definitely giving up the 220g, but hasn’t decided what he wants to ask for it.  So I’ll put this out there: he paid 2700 for it in 2016.  There are no leaks or cracks.  Everything is in perfect working condition.  I can’t see him taking less than 1k for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.