Hello to All

Forums Introductions Introductions Hello to All

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    William Beard
    Participant

Greetings fellow fish nerds, geeks, or preferred descriptor,
    Let me start off by saying I am a new but not new member of the hobby. I just set up the first tank (already at 3 now) back in the middle of November. However I kept fish for a few years back in about the 2008-2012 time frame. To a break after getting burned out do to a number of different reasons, but I am back with a vengeance.

So a little about me, I am in my late 20s and married to a fiery little redhead that is very slowly turning into a fish person. I like a lot of fish related hobbies and activities. It could be keeping them, catching them, cooking them, or eating them I just really like fish. During my break from aquariums I was an avid fly fisherman, and that helps to give a unique perspective on the hobby. Additionally I have lived out side the country (east africa) and got to in passing atleast glimpse the home waters of some species we all love. because of that and my wife growing up overseas (west africa) many african species are quite near and dear to me.

In the past I have kept african cichlids (kennyi, auratus, yellow lab, bumble bee, few others), various tetras and danios, blue/yellow gouramis, common and leopard plecos, guppys, platys, and other species I am forgetting or don’t care to remember (aka. the jerk fish)

At the time of writing this, I am currently keeping bristlenose plecos, emerald cory, scarlet badis, bettas, koi, kribensis, cherry shrimp, Japanese rice fish, aphyosemion scheeli (killifish), and ember tetras.

I look forward to getting to know yall more at future meetings and through the forum!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.