How do I get more involved

Forums Club Stuff Club Chat How do I get more involved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Evans

I’m very interested in learning all I can from whoever is willing to teach about our amazing hobby. I have free time and I’m serious about learning. I will do all I can to help with the things I know as well. It is best to text me on my cell y’all and my number is +14705697841

please let me know if I can help in any way.

Buck Meyer
    Participant

Tim – By being on this web site, you have opened the door to a very experienced group of fish keepers, and I can’t think of a single one who isn’t willing to share their knowledge with others. If you haven’t joined the club yet (i.e. a paid membership), I’ll recommend that as a first step. While the regular in-person monthly meetings are on hiatus because of you-know-what, the club has started monthly virtual meetings for members only. The guest speaker format is what you might expect, with a presentation, lots of slides, and Q&A. Topics are just about anything fish related. While it might not be a topic in which you have a specific focus, there’s always something new and interesting to glean from the speaker. Well worth the time, and more convenient than ever from a time and travel perspective.

Once you are a paid member, you can join the member-only Facebook group, AAAA Member Group. Even if you are not a paid member, the club’s “public” group is available to you, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/45997858493. There is much activity for this group, and a reasonably good place to get answers. You must request to join. This requires you to read the group rules and answer 3 questions. Facebook is not a place for individuals to buy and sell livestock, part of the Community Standards which Facebook (selectively) enforces. I find this FB group gets more traffic than the club forums, but you can buy and sell freely here, and not on FB.

Once the club gets back to in-person events, there will be many ways to volunteer.

Before long, you might succumb to MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and WBS (white bucket syndrome). This hobby can grow on you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.