Howdy

Forums Introductions Introductions Howdy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Participant

Hello all,
    My name is Austin and I have been keeping aquariums for about 4-5 years now. Currently I only have one tank running: a 55 long Walstad tank. Plant life is slowly returning after years of negligence and duckweed/water lettuce overgrowth. I am in the process of setting up a Walstad-style 20 long Shrimp tank.
    I am currently in school for a B.S. in Biology, with a Plant Concentration. I want to become a plant biologist. I love to look at the science behind plants and how to maximize the efficiency of the planted aquarium (however I have MUCH to learn).
    Happy to be apart of the community! Best of luck to everybody’s aquarium endeavors.

Jeremy Caswell

The nice thing about the duckweed method is that when combined with micro predator or herbivore fish, it will run itself for virtually forever…

David Mercer
    Admin

Awesome! Welcome Austin, We have quite the group of plant people in the club. There are always plants available at our meetings. If you haven’t seen it yet, you should check out our Horticulturist Awards Program where you can bring in plants you grow in the aquarium for points and get recognition along the way. Its a fun program that can be as intense or leisurely as you’d like.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.