I’m addicted, have been for a long time.

Forums Introductions Introductions I’m addicted, have been for a long time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PAUL VANBRUG

Hello, My name is Paul, and I have a problem. I’m addicted to aquariums, and I have been for a long time.

Back in the late 70’s I was visiting family, and they had two 10 gallon aquariums in their home. I was fascinated by them and spent most of the trip just watching the fish. After that all I asked for was my own 10 gallon tank for Christmas and my birthday. on my 10th birthday my parents gave me my first tank, a 29 gallon. I had no help with it and killed a lot of fish. I started reading everything I could find (books & magazines) no internet in 1980. It didn’t take long to have 4 tanks in my bedroom. Living in South Miami, I was always collecting fish from the local water ways, even back then there were plenty of exotics down there.

My first egg layer that I bread was the wonderful Convict, we still have a love hate relationship! Soon after that I bread my first Angle Fish.

I moved to Lawrenceville in 97 from Miami, and soon found AAAA. I believe I found them in the back of an Aquarium magazine. I was a member for a year, came to about 6 meetings I think. Then life happened. I rejoined late 2018, I’m back!!

I currently have 17 tanks. My favorite thing that I am breading are Bristlenose Plecos. I have several different varieties. Plus lots of guppies! and of course, I still have some Convicts. My wife Liz and I just bought our first house 6 months ago, and she has given me permission to build my dream fish room in the garage. I hope to start that project in the next year.

That’s me. It’s been great meeting everyone at the meetings, and look forward to many many more. I have a problem…….

William Beard
    Participant

I look forward to hearing how the fish room develops. Do you still live in the Lawreceville area? Cause if you do and need an extra set of hands then feel free to give me a holler.

PAUL VANBRUG

Nope, I now live clear on the other side of Atlanta. I live in Rockmart, Polk County.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.