Its hard to find a better title than…Hello

Forums Introductions Introductions Its hard to find a better title than…Hello

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

So I figure since a made a template for introductions I should probably use it so here we go!

Whats your Name?
    David (Original username I know)

Where are you from?
    Been in metro Atlanta practically my whole life, live in the awesome Chamblee now.

What do you do for work or other hobbies?
    I do IT at Georgia Tech and love board games

How did you find us?
    Randomly googling after we decided to get a fish for our kids.

Are you a member? How long?
    Yes, On the Board of Directors and one of the website admins. We joined ~5 years ago.

Have you been to a meeting yet? An Auction? What did you think?
    Almost every one since joining. I also used to be the auction chair before Stewart took the reins. I think they are all awesome if I do say so myself 🙂

Does anyone in your family enjoy the fish hobby?
    Rumor has it that my wife enjoys the hobby 😉 Our kids enjoy having fish as well. But thats pretty much where it stops.

Are you a plant person or a fish person?
    I believe they prefer merperson, but I digress. I want to be a plant person but I tend to grow lots of subwassertang and yah…just more of that. No green thumb above or below the water.

Have you ever dabbled in saltwater or just a freshy?
    No saltwater yet. I think saltwater fish are awesome and at some point I could see dabbling in a micro reef with mostly inverts, I love saltwater inverts. Pygmy seahorses are amazing as well. I feel like most good saltwater tanks need to be larger and we tend to have small tanks and small fish so it doesn’t mesh that well. But I can admire other peoples tanks!

That said, at some point I would LOVE to get into brackish tanks. Frog fish are AWESOME!

What are your favorite types of fish?
    Nano fish and Livebearers.

I’ve been a fan of nanos since the beginning, its really what got us interested in the hobby. Livebearers came later, I really just thought of them as petsmart fish and didn’t give them much thought. When we participated in the ABC competition a few years back when livebearers was the category we went for a lot of livebearers and I ended up finding them very fun and interesting. Nano livebearers are a bonus!

How many tanks do you have?
    Thats a hard one currently. We are sort of mid process breaking down previous tanks and finding a better home for our tanks to get set up. Prior to the tear down we had ~13 tanks with a 29 being the largest, the rest were 5s and 10s.

What is your favorite color?
    Orange

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    African or European

Do you know the muffin man?
    Who lives on gingerbread lane?

Tell us anything else thats worth knowing.
    I love Star Wars and Horror movies.

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.