Paludariums and Ripariums

Forums Fish Talk General Paludariums and Ripariums

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Any of y’all ever ever heard of a Paludarium or Riparium? These things are super cool! We have been watching SerpaDesign’s videos and they are amazing. The paludariums are cool in general, I have seen some before with archer fish and the like, the Georgia aquarium has a huge one by the gators. Ripariums I only heard of recently but they are meant to mimic a shoreline so they tend to have more land space than standard paludariums. I think the are more common for amphibians but inverts or mudskippers could also make some great inhabitants. So anyone ever do one of these or thank about it?

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Jeremy Caswell

I always comes down to the same conclusions…

It’s a lot of work and a lot of extra pain for a lot less water volume… and by the time you have the skill and the equipment to pull it off correctly, you have more species than you have tank space and you really need to find a bigger aquarium for these other fish you have… and the logistics never work out.

Melissa Keeley
    Participant

I also watch SerpaDesign’s videos, and love them! I haven’t attempted any builds yet, but just wanted to send some virtual support. If you decide to try one, you should post it back here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.