Next Meeting May 2nd

Pea puffers won’t eat

Forums Fish Talk I need help! Pea puffers won’t eat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amy Kirby
    Participant

I recently bought pea puffers from Southern Aquatics. At the store, they were eating frozen bloodworms and mysis shrimp. Despite my best efforts, I cannot get them to eat anything. I’ve tried the same foods from the store with no luck. I’ve tried feeding them from a dropper. I’ve tried floating the food. Nothing works. At this point, they are looking quite skinny. Any advice on how to get these guys to eat? In the meantime, I’m looking into the quickest live foods I can get my hands on.

Jae Ren Yee
    Participant

My favorite! I used to take care of pea puffers myself, and I usually crushed snails (Ramshorn) to feed to Puffy. (His name) I fed him from tweezers, and when I crushed the snails, it also reduced the pollution in the tank, the teeth for the puffer was trimmed short, and he got his nutrition. I also fed him fresh bloodworms, (midge fly larvae) as a treat in summer.

Don’t feed dried foods, for me, only pest snails and live food will work. Keep a separate tank for specifically breeding Ramshorn snails, and I think he will be fine. Can you send a picture? I MIGHT (I probably won’t be able to) be able to see what’s wrong. Please tell me updates about your Puffer. 😉

🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐
    By: Jae Ren Yee|🐟🐟🐟| 🐠 🐠 🐠|🦀|🐋|🦈|🦞|🦑|🐳🐳
    🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡
    Now this is what I call modern art!
    My aquatic YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfeAXOlBGbBauZIzWFA2WZQ
    Please subscribe!!

Alex
    Participant

Try some peas.

All jokes aside, you can use frozen foods or live foods, as they are used for most fish when they don’t eat.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Or are they blue?
    Either way,
    I love my fish,
    and so should you!
    🐟🐟😊😊🐟🐟

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.