So what fun stuff or fish projects has everyone been able to do during all this mess.
For me it has been lots of water changes, 3 different pairs with young, and getting new fish. Added pygmy corys, one pair of anomalochromis thomasi, and one pair pelvicachromis subocellatus. So hopefully once all this ends will have some fun stuff to bring to meetings.
We refreshed and restocked our 30G bow front with 2 new species. Added a 10 and a 5 gallon in our living room each with one species. They plan is to go with two 10 gallons in the future and make nice display tanks but for now it is just a breeding tank and our son’s 5 gallon until he clears a spot in his room for it.
We also finally are trying outdoor breeding again after our colossal success/failure several years ago. We have 3 tubs outside each with 1 species of fish and 2 unique varieties of plants per tub, plus we grabbed some creeping jenny from our yard to try out in each tub. I’ll probably write up a post about all of that with pics and everything a bit later.
Brianna is also trying to figure out how we can get our two ponds in the ground but I’m not sure that is going to happen quite yet.
AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster
Lots of extra water changes. Redistributing baby Bristlenose Pleco’s around the room.
Going to work on the 200g today. It’s been running for about 3 weeks now. Started it up with some dirty gravel from the 125g and about 10 guppies. Had to move one of my Severums in on Sunday. I’m not crazy about the aquascaping job that I did, so going to redo it today before I move my 10 Silver Dollars in tonight or tomorrow, from the over populated 125g.
My big problem this week is my old Fluval 404 canister, on my 125g, is having problems with the impeller. The last time I cleaned it one of the little plastic clip things that hold the cover that holds the impeller in place broke. runs good for about 30 minutes, then starts rattling and looses it’s suction or something, quits working…