Welcome to AAAA!

Forums Introductions Introductions Welcome to AAAA!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Mercer
    Admin

Hello there,

Are you new around these parts? First time visiting our forum? Been coming for a while but just lurking? Awesome, but we want to get to know you so why don’t you get started right here in our Introductions forum!

Feel free to make a free form post and show us your style! Have writers block? Thats cool, check out the questions below and answer as many as you like so we can get to know you and build our fantastic fishy fellowship (Yes, I may love alliteration a bit too much)

Whats your Name?
    Where are you from?
    What do you do for work or other hobbies?
    How did you find us?
    Are you a member? How long?
    Have you been to a meeting yet? An Auction? What did you think?
    Does anyone in your family enjoy the fish hobby?
    Are you a plant person or a fish person?
    Have you ever dabbled in saltwater or just a freshy?
    What are your favorite types of fish?
    How many tanks do you have?
    What is your favorite color?
    What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    Do you know the muffin man?
    Tell us anything else thats worth knowing.

Ok so maybe you can skip some of those but seriously we would all love to get to know you, and please check out other’s introductions as well!

David Mercer
    AAAA Board of Directors and Webmaster

Jeremy Caswell

Whats your Name? Jeremy Caswell

Where are you from? Born Atlanta.

What do you do for work or other hobbies? Network Engineer for local K12 school system

How did you find us? My wife found you and decided I needed to get out of the house once a month.

Are you a member? How long? Yes, I joined the club in 2013.

Have you been to a meeting yet? An Auction? What did you think? My very first meeting was the very first at Fernbank, I believe. I think the meeting day had also just changed from Sunday to Saturday. There was a lot of grumbling and a general feeling of unhappiness, but everyone was very nice to me. I was pretty sure I had just driven 45 minutes for a waste of a perfectly good Saturday. However, I believe Larry Jinks was the speaker, on breeding Corys. I started coming on Saturdays, and joined somewhere within a few months.

Does anyone in your family enjoy the fish hobby? My grandfather had platies when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, and he tried to instill the hobby into my brother and I. I eventually re-discovered it when my own children wanted a fish tank.

Are you a plant person or a fish person? I have no artistic ability nor green thumb, so I cannot aquascape. I don’t post pictures of my tanks because no one wants to see that. However, I was taken in by the many benefits of live plants, and do try to include them. Most of my plants, and fish, thrive on neglect.

Have you ever dabbled in saltwater or just a freshy? Just freshwater. We have had saltwater tanks in several schools during the 90s, but they have all folded over the years because they are full time jobs. The freshwater tanks in the schools have remained.

What are your favorite types of fish? I prefer native or cooler water fish, with a very strong preference for the White Mountain Clouds.

How many tanks do you have? I am down to four at the moment… and I might be able to combine three of those into a single 125 in the future to get down to two.

What is your favorite color? Green, like the algae I grow… which is also blue, red, brown, and black.

Martin Moore
    Participant

What do you mean ?  African or European?

By way of introduction, my name is Martin.  I am a long-time member of NANFA and I relocated this summer from Mississippi.  I have been keeping natives pretty much exclusively for the past 20 years or so, and now that I am building a fish room from scratch I plan to keep Goodeids.  Goodeids are mostly known from Mexico.  Many Goodeids are critically endangered and several are extinct in the wild – they exist only the tanks of hobbyists such as myself.

Y’all may know Michael Wolfe – he gave a talk on Georgia fishes a couple of years ago.  We have been friends for a long time.  I don’t know Georgia fishes well, apart from those whose range extends into MS, but if any of you have longed to collect in a foreign country – well, we have everything you could want right here in the Peach State!  I will be helping to organize some collecting trips when the weather warms up.

Not a paid member of AAAA yet, but will be fixing that soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.